Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sitting up!



From the title of the post, you might think Naomi is now sitting up. That is most definitely NOT the case!

My friend Jessica sent me this picture of her little girl Carolyn, sitting up with a boppy helping to support her. I thought it was a brilliant idea to try that out. Every time I have Naomi laying down or in a semi-reclined position, she lifts her head and upper body up and strains to sit up.

So I put Naomi inside the boppy, thinking it would give her lots of support and help her sit up, just like Carolyn. Once again, my plans are foiled and I am completely off the mark! I thought you might get a chuckle out of the difference in the pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val, I love the comparison. They are so cute! I feel like Carolyn was cheating a bit though. She can't sit up with the boppy on the floor either, the bed helps her a bit because she sinks into it and that gives her more stability. She really likes to think she can sit up though, she'll fuss sometimes if we're not letting her "sit up" on our knee and see the world. We really have to help quite a bit though, but she likes it. These crazy babies, eh?