Sunday, June 18, 2006

Headband


We were given a few headbands for Naomi, but I had set them aside and completely forgotten about them. I saw them the other day and decided to put one on Naomi. I wasn't quite sure how to position it, though; she looked silly with it clear up on top of her head. So I pulled it low over her eyebrows. Matt thought she looked like the Karate Kid; I thought it made her look like a rapper or a basketball player from the 'hood with a sweatband.

The first picture shows Naomi's reaction to our playtime right after I put the headband on her. Inspired by her new look, I tried to do some personalized rap for her. I was absolutely terrible, and I wasn't too quick thinking of lyrics that made sense and rhymed. I did get some smiles, though, and that was the whole point. I also realized that I have no secret rap talents just waiting to be tapped.

The second picture shows one of Naomi's latest habits. She interlocks her fingers and waves them around, often trying to shove both of them in her mouth at once. I have read that is a precursor to watching her hands and realizing they are at her command.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a doll! That must be MY niece! Love ya, Paul