Tuesday, August 08, 2006

AHA - feeding fun!

I have figured out how to help Naomi have fun while eating - cater to her schedule (as we do in all other matters)! Since I had been told repeatedly that I would probably need to bathe her after feeding her with a spoon, I thought feeding her right before her regular bathtime in the evening would work well.

Today I veered off that schedule and fed her in the late morning. Whoa - what a difference!! Naomi was much more lively. She managed to capture the spoon from me a couple times; she also used her hands to transfer the contents of the spoon to her mouth, entire face, and all over the high chair. All in all, it was much more fun for both of us!

The rational part of my brain says "Ach - don't touch that, Naomi, or I'll have to clean the whole thing!" The silly part of me (which is winning out over the responsible part, and which I hope will always win out) says "Come on, Naomi, let's paint this high chair with all the baby food we can find!"

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It's always fun when they play with their food. Sometimes it gets messy, but I've found that it is hard to be mad at them when they are laughing and giggling. Dahlia and Bobbie both make a masterpiece of babyfood, and then look up so proudly it was too hard to punish them.