Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sprint triathlon





I competed in the Lake Las Vegas Women's sprint triathlon the last weekend in April. It was my first triathlon, and I really enjoyed the challenge. I struggled with the first part of the swim - the water was 10 degrees cooler than the race coordinators had estimated, so it took a little while to calm down in the water. The bike course had lots of long hills but didn't prove to be a problem. The run course ended with a little bit of a downhill slope, and I turned in my best 5K time ever (by quite a bit, actually, meaning I've either been lazy in the past or just really trained well for this event!). I loved the feeling of accomplishing it so much that once I saw my times, I immediately started working on a training plan to better those times. Tune back in during August or September to see pictures from my next triathlon!

1 comment:

Jessica Baird said...

Congrats!! You are so amazing! I'm struggling to get my weekly little jogs in. I'm excited to hear how things go for your next race.