Thursday, February 26, 2015

Martian Dice!

Yesterday was a day off school (a "snow day", but there wasn't any snow on the ground...). I cleaned the kitchen floor in the morning. Breakfast items were then spilled, and I assigned the kids to use the vacuum's wand to suck up most of it. Then crackers got spilled and crushed, so the kids swept that up. Then juice and cream cheese got smeared on the floor, and I washed that up. I don't remember what else spilled, but this morning I didn't walk across the floor...I crunched. Crunched! And that was only the kitchen. Just imagine what the rest of the house is like!

Today was a shortened day at school (parent teacher conferences). Once the kids were home, I took them to a doctor's appointment for Peter (pink eye!). I haven't had much of a voice for the last two days (my friends got a bunch of good laughs this morning listening to my squeaks at a planning meeting for my upcoming studio recital). Then I wrangled a 1 1/2 year old without his nap, a very emotional 4 year old, and two other fairly agreeable children in the dollar store and an antiques store (waaaay too many breakables there!) while waiting for the pharmacy to work out insurance issues so I could get the prescription. I promised the kids pizza from Little Caesars since we're out of bread, milk, and pretty much everything else...and then realized a piano student was showing right about then. 

Lest it sound like I'm complaining, I'm really not. More like chronicling a couple days of craziness! But at the end of the craziness, we had a fun game of Martian Dice!




No comments: