Friday, July 08, 2011

Mega Trip, Part II

After a fun week in Monroe, Mom took us to Provo where we picked up our first rental car of the trip (our rental cars were an adventure in themselves!!) and headed towards Julie's house near Idaho Falls.

While I transferred carseats (THREE!)...luggage...snacks...music players...toys...etc. to the new car, Mom fed Andrew and kept Naomi and Gabe entertained (by allowing them to climb all over her front seat and repeatedly press all the buttons on her dashboard. Sorry, Mom!).


Our first stop along the way was in Salt Lake at Bethany's apartment. We ate an informal lunch (I stuffed bites of sandwich in my children's mouths as they ran by) and the kids played lots. 

Bobbie, Gabe, Dahlia, Andrew and Naomi

It was great to see Bethany - it's been quite awhile since I've seen her!

Our next stop was in Ogden at Camille's house, where we completely derailed all of her plans for the evening AND made her friends annoyed at her. Dinner was great, though! And Naomi and Gabe had a terrific time following her boys around and checking out everything they were doing.


Camille was one of my best friends all the way from elementary through high school. 
It's funny to see us now! (Can you see us? We're kinda covered by masses of little folk!)

My cell phone battery was dying at the beginning of the day, so I didn't call Matt at all that day. I was trying to save enough battery to call Bethany...and then Camille...and then Julie to get directions, update them on my expected arrival time, etc. And then my phone died while I was at Camille's house. 

Apparently Matt called Julie to see if we arrived safely. We did, after driving through an hour of torrential rain and then a couple hours of kids not sleeping...stay tuned for Segment 3!

1 comment:

Chris & Mal said...

you are a great mom to brave such a trip without Matt. Next time come to Texas!