I got tagged awhile ago by JD's wife Sarah (JD is my cousin on my mom's side). I don't think I've ever followed up on being tagged prior to this, but here goes! Here are things about me in groups of 4.
4 shows I like to watch (well, we don't have any channels right now. But when we did, these were my shows):
2. Criminal Minds
3. So You Think You Can Dance (my favorite dance is the krumping, which Matt finds hilarious since I'm a little white girl from the sticks who has no rhythm!)
4. ....hmmmm, something from the History or National Geographic Channel
4 things I'm passionate about:
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- My husband and kids
4 phrases I say a lot:
- "So..."(with a pause...it drives me AND my husband nuts. It's like I am establishing that I need to say something, and then I have to collect my thoughts to express myself coherently. Argh.)
- "I love you!" I have great kids and a fabulous husband. What else am I supposed to say?
- "Look at that!" I have small children who love to see all kinds of things (or I need to distract them from other destructive behavior!).
- "What should we sing?" Refer to the points above where I note that I have small children. Also, note that the CD player in my car is broken. So we sing a lot.
4 things I have learned from the past:
- Be proactive...I spent a lot of time waiting on other people before I figured out I could make things happen myself!
- Listen more than I talk. Don't interrupt other people so much. My experiences are not always as cool or applicable as I may think!
- Don't always trust first impressions. Great friends can come from unexpected places!
- Excesses of good things are still excesses (like my occasional reading binge...sorry, babe!)
4 places I would like to go:
- Scuba diving almost anywhere! I had a brief taste of this in a training pool and loved it!
- New Zealand. Lush landscape, outdoor sports, and yes, LOTR sites.
4 things I did yesterday:
- Researched how to modify skirts for pregnancy
- Read books with the kids - always a favorite!
- Took the kids to a belated Easter egg hunt.
- Talked to my grandpa to wish him a happy birthday!
4 things I'm looking forward to:
- Baby coming in August!!
- Matt finishing his PhD and us moving beyond studenthood (probably also in August!)
- Taking classes again (I'm hoping Matt will eventually teach at a regular university so I can do this at a discounted price!)
- Living closer to family so I can see them much more often (although I have absolutely no idea if this will ever happen!)
4 things I love about winter:
- Christmas festivities
- Soups and bread bowls
- Hot chocolate
4 things on my wish list:
- Cricut...I have so many crafts I want to do which would be made MUCH simpler with this tool!
- Books. Some new ones I've recently read, but lots of classics and oldies which I don't have on my shelf.
- Right now...skirts I can alter to work for a pregnant chick. I am, after all, going to be hugely pregnant. In Tucson. In the summer.
- A new pan...my pan handle has been cracking for awhile and completely gave out today.