Friday, September 25, 2015

Fall 2015 Piano Social!

My piano studio's Fall Piano Social was this evening, and it turned out really well! Here's how everything went down:

Exactly one week and one day ago, I met with my "planning committee" (i.e. best friends Autumn and Jefrilyn) to go over a few details. I was planning on keeping it very simple, so I thought we'd discuss how many tables and tablecloths we'd need, and what type of very simple decoration we could put into the middle of each table. Being the artistic/ambitious/crazy/fun-loving ladies that they are, they immediately started planning bigger and better things.

After a couple days of being up to our elbows in paper mache (from 10 am to 8 pm!) and another one of being up to our elbows in hot glue and tissue paper, we had created this:


Those suckers are taller than Jefrilyn. Here's another shot:



And we had a lot of fun doing it! We had an ice cream incentive program (kids earned paper ice cream scoops for sight reading, playing duets, transposing, composing, technique exercises, theory, rhythms, etc. If they hit a certain number of scoops as a collective studio, they would earn the ice cream party. And they did it!) So we had an ice cream sundae bar. Here are pictures of other parts of the decorated room:



Small cones for the tables:


Each performer had a name card and a bracelet at this table. The bracelets have the melody for "Ode to Joy" on them.


The ice cream table: 


It was a fantastic event, and I couldn't have been more thrilled with it! The students provided background music while the families ate and visited. Sometimes simple is better. But all-out decorations can be more fun!!! I'm glad my friends talked me into this!

Pictures of the kids to come soon!

No comments: