Sunday, September 23, 2007

Triathlon

My second triathlon was September 9th at Yuba Lake (in Utah). We had a good time camping with my parents. I was sure Naomi would cry half the night and keep all the triathletes awake (although that could have been a defensive strategy, hmm...), but she did great and conked right out! She also enjoyed running around lots, the tent, and the yummy hot chocolate Grandpa made over the campfire.




In the pictures, you can see the swim start. Everyone got whacked a lot, but that's how it goes! The swim was tough - it was 1/2 mile. In the pool that's no big deal, but since this was basically my second time really swimming in open water, I struggled more than I thought I would. And I stopped on the bike leg to donate my spare tube and the use of my tire pump to another biker...and waited and waited and waited while he took forever trying to change the flat. Overall it was a good experience, though, and I look forward to my next one.

2 comments:

Clemstock said...

I didn't know you were into Triathlons. Congrats on finishing yours!!! There is something about competing in these types of races that is just amazing. I am super impressed that you are a "tri" girl. That is amazing!

Unknown said...

Val, I'm so impressed with your triathlon abilities. You are WonderWoman in my book! Love the pictures of your family!