Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bike trailer




We got a bike trailer, and I'm excited to use it a lot! I dashed out to get Naomi a bike helmet, forgetting that she doesn't even leave a hat on her head. The first time in the trailer, she sang the whole time, but I just went around our teeny block and didn't make her wear the helmet. Then I took our neighbor kids for a spin since they were absolutely drooling over the bike trailer.

The second time out, Naomi screamed the whole time, except for when she couldn't breathe due to trying to pull the helmet off which resulted in cutting off her air supply with the neck strap. Lovely.

The third time was a charm, though! I enlisted the help of our neighbor kids, and had 5 year-old Sammy ride with Naomi and keep her entertained with toys and a sippy cup. Then it was Caleb's turn, and we left Naomi in the trailer with him. Since he is younger, he wasn't interested in entertaining Naomi, but that actually worked out great since she was fascinated in watching him play with the toys. I had her wear the helmet afterwards for about 20 minutes, and she did great. YAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You two are SO cute! We've been thinking it would be nice to get one of those too, but we're expecting another little one in October (we just started to tell people this week), so I don't think I'll be doing too much bike riding this summer. I'm glad to know that they work so well, we'll have to try it next summer. I LOVE your updates and picts. Thanks!