Monday, August 28, 2006

A few moments of panic

Naomi and I survived our week at the office but were excited to be done. The main issue was that Naomi wouldn't take a nap while we were there. Somewhat confined space + mommy distracted by other things doesn't always equal a happy baby, but add a tired baby into the equation, and you'll never come up with anything good. Naomi did phenomenally well for a baby, but the office just isn't the place for a baby!

We did have a few moments of excitement on Thursday. Peter D's office was connected to mine. Since he wasn't in during the afternoon, I laid a blanket on the floor and put Naomi down for a nap. She sometimes cries for just a few minutes before dropping off to sleep, so I closed the door and sat at my desk right by the door. After a couple minutes, I could tell the cries weren't her "falling to sleep" cries, so I decided to pick her back up. To my absolute horror, the door was locked! I very calmly went to the front desk and asked after several different people who have master keys. I was told they were all at lunch. So I checked on a few personal contacts who have keys, and none of them were in either. I went back to the front desk and asked when anyone with a key was expected back in, and they managed to track down a key for me. The whole thing took less than five minutes, but I felt terrible! I was so relieved to get to Naomi. I will be checking the locks on any rooms I put Naomi in from now on!!

No comments: